|Live TV and PVR Setup Guide:|
|PVR||Recording software||MythTV PVR|
MythTV is a Free Open Source software digital video recorder (DVR) project that is designed to run on Linux, although other operating system packages are available. With MythTV you can watch live TV, schedule recordings, view episode guide information, and many other features you'd expect from a DVR type device. MythTV can also be set up with multiple backends (master/slave) and multiple frontends to spread out the workload of recording, scheduling, and post processing jobs. More information on MythTV can be found on their official website.
The released addon supports MythTV Backend version 0.27 - 0.28.
1 Installing MythTV
MythTV can be set up on a variety of Linux distributions and also on Mac OS X. The MythTV Wiki page has several pages of detailed instruction sets for various distros and tuner types.
2 MythTV quick start guide
This page or section is incomplete. Please add information or correct uncertain data which is marked with a ?
If your tuner hardware is not detected or is having issues, check http://linuxtv.org for driver support.
3 Connecting XBMC to MythTV
- Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled add-ons -> PVR Clients and select the MythTV add-on
- Select "Configure"
4 MythTV addon designed for Kodi (pvr.mythtv)
The addon supports MythTV Backend version 0.27 - 0.28. It inter-operates with new API provided by MythTV backend since 0.27. To use it first you have to enable the API services of your backend by running mythtv-setup and set the security pin as "0000". Addon provides Live TV, recording playback and schedules services. It includes its internal demuxer for mpeg-ts standard and allows access of sources and storages of all MythTV infrastructure including master and its slaves backends.
5.2 Recording template
Configuration of the default rules for new recordings. Recording rule templates have been introduced in MythTV 0.26. For older MythTV versions, please use and configure the addon-Internal template provider.
|Next step:||Configuring XBMC|
- If you're experiencing troubles with the addon, MythTV section of XBMC Forum is the correct place to ask for help.
- Always include a full debug log with the addon setting Include more debug information in the log file enabled. (also please make yourself familiar with XBMC troubleshooting)
- Issues that are only related to this addon (not to XBMC itself or XBMC's general PVR code) should be reported here: https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues (if unsure, ask in the forum first!)
- See Build addon from source to learn how to build addon from the official or from the development repository
- This addon uses the Transifex Localization platform. You're welcome to contribute translations: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/XBMC-Main-Helix/resource/pvr-mythtv/