|Live TV and PVR Setup Guide:|
|PVR||Recording software||MediaPortal TV-Server|
MediaPortal's TV-Server is the component of MediaPortal that manages the user's TV cards and streams the TV signal over the network. You can learn more about how the components of MediaPortal (TV-Server - MediaPortal Client) work together in MediaPortal's own wiki.
Once you installed the MediaPortal software package you will notice that MediaPortal's TV-Server has its own separate Configuration Tool which you can access via a desktop shortcut or on the Windows Start Menu. Once you have configured TV-Server, you may also configure the TV settings for each client in the MediaPortal Configuration Tool > TV.
Please note that MediaPortal also has it's own separate Configuration Tool for all configuration settings other than TV-Server, such as using MediaPortal as a media player client, which is unrelated to Kodi.
1 MediaPortal TV-Server Quick Start Guide
- Download MediaPortal 1.2 from http://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-download
- Install the MediaPortal TV-Server (installation of MediaPortal itself is not needed, but can be useful for debugging purposes)
- Configure your TV-Server following the MediaPortal TV-Server Quick setup guide. Detailed TV-Server configuration documentation can be found here.
- Download the TVServerXBMC plugin from the TVServerXBMC website (margro)
- Extract the TVServerXBMC.rar file and copy the TVServerXBMC.dll to the plugins directory of your MediaPortal TV-Server installation (typically: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins or C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins).
- Open the "TV-Server Configuration" and enable the TVServerXBMC plugin under "Plugins".
- Configure the TVServerXBMC plugin. Add network shares for your Timeshift and Recordings folder if you want to use Kodi PVR on a different PC than your MediaPortal TV-Server PC.
- Restart the TV-Server: Press under "Manual Control" the "Stop Service" button, wait a few seconds and press then the "Start Service" button (same button).
2 Connecting Kodi to MediaPortal
- Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled add-ons -> PVR Clients and select the MediaPortal add-on
- Select "Configure"
Depending on your EPG source, MediaPortal may return strings in your local language. In this case, you can skip the genre translation using this option. The addon translates only English genre strings to Kodi genre id's. You can extend the translation table by extending the following PVR addon file: pvr.mediaportal.tvserver\resources\genre_translation.xml
|Next step:||Configuring XBMC|
- MediaPortal website - http://team-mediaportal.com
- MediaPortal backend for Kodi support forum - http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=171