HOW-TO:Share libraries using UPnP
Syncing and sharing
|HOW-TO:Share libraries using UPnP|
- For a more complex method of sharing using MySQL see MySQL
UPnP sharing between two Kodi devices is the easiest way to share a library. You can also share multiple libraries, one from each Kodi device, to all the other devices on the same network. UPnP also takes care of file sharing, so you do not need to do anything extra even if your files are added locally to Kodi.
- For Kodi device A (the "server") go to:
- If using XBMC v11 "Eden":
- If using XBMC v12 "Frodo", XBMC v13 "Gotham" or Kodi:
- Enable the UPnP server (Share video and music libraries through UPnP)
- For Kodi device B (the "client") you will add device A as a media source: Videos → Files → Add Videos... → Browse → (scroll down to) UPnP Devices
- A shows up there. Open the share and then hit OK.
- Give the new video source from A a name.
- You should now be able to see everything as it is set up on A on B.
1 Other guides
1.1 Video guides
- UPnP sharing (as seen in XBMC v12, Frodo)