Plugin that allows you to browse and view videos from everybodys favorite alternative video site!
To install this add-on you must do so from the Add-on manager from within XBMC/Kodi by going to:
- Get add-ons
- XBMC/Kodi add-on repository
- Video Add-ons
- In order to use this plugin you will need the latest stable Dharma 10.0 release of XBMC. Older versions will not work.*
This project is a plugin for the open-source media center XBMC, that enables XBMC to interface with Vimeo.
- Non-intrusive user notifications
- Video thumbnail browsing for a more pleasant user experience
- Searching (including locally cached searches)
- Explore Vimeo feature allowing casual browsing of Vimeo from your couch.
- Adding and removing "likes"
- Listing a users "likes"
- Joining or leaving a group
- Listing a groups videos
- Subscribing and Un-subscribing to channel.
- Authorize plugin access to user data on Vimeo from within plugin only
- Listing a channels videos and listing all new subscription videos
- Listing a contacts uploads, albums, groups, "likes" and channel subscriptions
- Plays videos that can't be embedded
3 Known problems
- One of the main features of the plugin is that it defaults to thumbnails view for video items. This only works when using the default "Confluence" skin as the plugin is dependent on the Id defined for confluences thumbnails view.
- It's currently impossible to search for a contact, and therefore not possible to add or remove a contact from withing the plugin. This is a limitation of vimeo's underlying API, Add or remove contact may be added in future, but searching will only be possible if vimeo add's this to their API.
- It's also impossible to refine a search and limit it to a specific user, channel or group, again this is a limitation of Vimeo's API.
- The plugin uses Vimeo Oauth API, and thus requires a synchronized system clock on the machine running XBMC. All communication with Vimeo will fail if the system has a time drift of even a few minuts.
4 Feature request
If you have a feature request then create a new post in the Vimeo support thread.
5 Reporting a bug
If you are having problems with the plugin or just have a query please do read the documentation and do a search on the XBMC Vimeo support thread before posting.
If you believe you have found a new bug, create a log (see below) and post in the Vimeo support thread.
5.1 Creating a usefull debug log
Typically users will report errors with descriptions that lack many important details. While we take all user reported errors seriously, its often is impossible to help if without a proper debug-log, this guide will take you through the steps to create such a log.
As such, if you want any help with this issue you must follow these steps.
- Open the plugin and go to "Advanced" in settings, enable "Plugin debug" and confirm.
- Find your debug Log here:
- Mac OSX:
- Windows 7 & Vista:
- Paste your debug log to http://pastebin.com/ ( Do NOT upload part of the log, we need the ENTIRE log. )
- Post a message in this thread with your debug log.
If you have problems following the guide, please ask on the forum thread and we will help you through it.
Integration and unittests are run continously by Jenkins
Thanks to mishk for his fork of dkm's vimeo-python client (can be found here) this greatly simplified development of the plugin and saved us a lot of sleepless nights fighting with oauth :)