This XBMC plugin enables (UK only) the playing of TV and Radio catchup content from the BBC IPlayer website. Live radio and TV feeds are also supported.
To install this add-on you must do so from the Add-on manager from within Kodi/XBMC by going to:
- Get add-ons
- Kodi/XBMC add-on repository
- Music Add-ons or Video Add-ons
2.1 Supported streams
- TV streams supported: 512x288 VP6@512Kbs, 640x360 H.264@800Kbs, 832x468 H.264@1500Kbs & 1280x720 H.264@3200Kbs
- Radio streams support: Real, MP3 & AAC
Note: Not all streams are available for all episodes nor supported on all platforms
- This add-on doesn't work outside of the UK. The BBC iPlayer service ensures that only UK IP addresses can access iPlayer content.
- For Live TV a Windows or Linux build of at least SVN:21747 (2009-07-18) is required. For XBox support use a build of at least SVN:21819 .
- For Windows and Linux users some of the Radio streams don't work. XBMC on Windows and Linux does not support the rtsp:// protocol which is needed by some of the catchup and live radio streams.
- This add-on supports the Flash H.264 HD streams but needs an XBMC build, Windows or Linux, SVN:20015 or later. Configure video streams via the plugins settings.
- This add-on supports Flash H.264 800Kb streams on the XBox but needs at least a build SVN:20810.
- This add-on supports the Flash AAC radio streams but needs an XBMC build, Windows or Linux, SVN:20015 or later. Configure audio streams via the plugins settings.
2.3 Manual Installation
2.4 Apple TV 2 (black)
The forum threads here, here and here for this add-on contains a host of interesting bits of information on using this add-on. Please search there first before posting, your query may have already been answered.
- Answer for I have the latest version of XBMC 9.04 and it doesn't play H.264 streams correctly
- Answer for When I select iPlayer in the menu it just lists the contents of that folder] and install not working
- Answer for how do you use the Radio "Listen Live" feature on Windows or Linux
- Answer for Video streaming not working - What country does the BBC believe you are in and here
- Answer for Can I use this plugin to download rather than stream
- Answer for all the streams are constantly buffering. It will play sucessfully for 20 seconds or so and then buffer for 20 seconds
- Answer for Is the BBC application a xbmc plugin or script
- Answer for - Does the plugin support subtitles? Yes just enable subtitles in the plugin settings.
- Answer for How do I speed up the buffering for Radio programmes or the cache size for radio is too large
- Answer for iPlayer listings are not being updated/go stale
- If you are having a problem with the add-on or just have a query please do read the documentation and do a search of the forum threads here, here and here before posting.
- If you believe you have found a bug or would like to request a feature then create a new issue.
This project is based on a no longer maintained XBMC IPlayer project.
Thanks for all the hard work by the XBMC guys and to highlandsun for the new libRTMP functionality. Thanks to all those on the forums that have contributed patches, feedback and advice.