| HDHomeRun PVR
|| GPL v2.0
|| Source code
|| HDHomeRun PVR
|| Need help with this add-on? See here.
HDHomeRun PVR addon is a unofficial native PVR client made by the Kodi community for SiliconDust HDHomeRun network attached television tuner series.
This unofficial PVR C/C++ binary addon for HDHomeRun is an open source code community project and is not to be confused with SiliconDust's official HDHomeRun addon, which unlike the unofficial addon talked about here is Python Script based and not true native PVR client addon, meaning that the official addon does not use Kodi's own native PVR frontend interface.
Note that the unofficial native PVR client does not yet provide DVR recoding options or have the possibility to pause Live TV. Currently it only provides the possibility to watch live television inside Kodi as streamed from your networked HDHomeRun box.
1 What is HDHomeRun
HDHomeRun is made by SiliconDust and is a stand-alone networked TV/HDTV tuner box. The HDHomeRun can either connect with over the air TV signals or with cablecard, and then stream the channels over a network to supported clients, such as Kodi.
2 Connecting Kodi to HDHomeRun
- Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled add-ons -> PVR Clients and select the HDHomeRun PVR add-on
- Select "Configure"
3 Supported HDHomeRun boxes
Note: Be sure to install the latest firmware for your HDHomeRun unit to enable all of the features of the add-on.
- HDHomeRun CONNECT (HDHR4-2US)
- HDHomeRun EXTEND (HDTC-2US)
- HDHomeRun PRIME (HDHR3-CC copy-freely channels only)
3.1 Unsupported models
4.1 Can the add-on record video or pause Live TV?
- Currently, no. The add-on is so far just for viewing live TV.
4.2 Is running multiple HDHomerun boxes supported?
- Not yet but it is on the to-do list for future plans, read [the http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=250056 related forum discussion thread].
5 Links and further reading